You’ll stay in air-conditioned furnished housing on Kenyon’s stunning campus. The workshop fee includes the cost of a single room in a residence hall. Apartment options are available for a supplement.
- McBride Residence Hall offers single rooms and shared bathrooms on each hall.
- The Taft Cottages offer you a private bedroom in a three-bedroom apartment, with shared bath and shared living space including mini-kitchen. (Add $150.00 to the base price of the workshop.)
- The North Campus Apartments are Kenyon’s newest housing, with each apartment configured as a three-story townhouse. Each townhouse apartment features a first-floor shared common room and full kitchen, three single bedrooms on the second and third floors, plus two shared bathrooms. (Add $300.00 to the base price of the workshop.)
Please let us know if you need ground-floor accommodation due to health issues. We make every effort to meet your needs. Several laundry facilities are available on campus.
If you prefer a hotel room or bed-and-breakfast, please let us know. You will be responsible for booking your own housing and will receive a discount of $150 on your workshop fee. Here are some local housing options on campus:
- The Kenyon Inn, 100 W. Wiggin Street, Gambier, (740) 427-2202
- The Gambier House 107 E. Wiggin Street, Gambier, (740) 427-2668,
Mount Vernon, a ten-minute drive from campus, also has hotel and B&B options.
Breakfast and dinner daily, included in the cost of the workshop, are served in Kenyon’s recently restored, historic Peirce Hall, featuring an extensive farm-to-table local foods program. Lunch is on your own—offering the opportunity to continue small writing discussions following the morning workshop. Participants receive a food voucher good at one of the local Gambier eateries: the Village Inn or the Village Deli, each offering table service for informal dining as well as takeout menus; the Kenyon Inn restaurant and bar for finer dining; Wiggin Street Coffee, serving soups, sandwiches, and a full range of coffee and tea beverages; and the full-service Village Market. Mount Vernon and the surrounding area offer additional lunch options.