Welcome to the 2015 Kenyon Review Short Fiction Contest!
The contest is open to all writers who have not yet published a book of fiction. Submissions must be 1200 words or fewer. The Kenyon Review will publish the winning short story in the Winter 2016 issue, and the author will be awarded a scholarship to attend the 2015 Writers Workshop, June 13th-20th, in Gambier, Ohio. Additional info on the Writers Workshop is available here.
- Writers must not have published a book of fiction at the time of submission. (We define a “published book of fiction” as a novel, novella or short story collection written by you and published by someone other than you in print, on the web, or in ebook format.)
- Stories must be no more than 1200 words in length.
- One submission per entrant.
- Please do not simultaneously submit your contest entry to another magazine or contest.
- Please do not submit work that has been previously published.
- The submissions link will be active February 1st to 28th. All work must be submitted through our electronic system. We cannot accept paper submissions.
- An $18 entry fee will be collected at the time of submission. Your new subscription to The Kenyon Review will start with the Spring 2015 issue. Current subscribers will receive a one-year extension on their current subscription. Please note: we are only able to offer domestic subscriptions for this special contest rate. If you live overseas, we will happily fulfill a gift subscription for a friend who lives in the U.S.
- Winners will be announced in the late spring. You will receive an e-mail notifying you of any decisions regarding your work.