I had a blast with you.
Lets see. There was:
- The French marine biologist who showed me his conch.
- Ode on a Grecian Urn in the Grotte of the Monk Seal.
- Famous Author Sheep who had the courage and talent to walk bipedaly right into the hearts of many a reader and undergraduate syllabus.
- The psychic named after a semi-precious stone who made very swift decisions about my character and talent.
- Soccer and Chanson and Saul.
- A Kindle that fell into a tub.
- The dream I had of Talia brushing my hair.
But, what I will remember most about you is not just all the fun we had.
I want to remember the woman whose name also happens to be Nancy who had very messy handwriting because she was deaf-blind.
She reminded me, able-bodied person, of the ways in which I was unable and also of the ways in which I could be more able if I was less afraid.
But does the woman who speaks and listens with her hands indulge herself when she looks for the other pair of hands that may understand?
If there are no hands should she not do everything in her power to be heard, even if it may be messy, even if it may be judged? Should she not just take that shot into the dark?
MY ACCESS VAN IS LATE. PLEASE CALL THEM FOR ME 555-5555. THANKS.
Happy New Year. Have a safe and festive holiday.
And of course, see you at the poolside bar,